Friday, April 15, 2011

Chilly Morning!!


It's chilly out there but looks like it is going to be another beautiful day.  The last few days have been incredible and the plants seem to be responding.  We have butterflies everywhere- the Monarchs, Swallowtail and a few I don't know the identity of but all are having a grand time.  The hummingbird is still buzzing around in the front area but still too quick for me to capture a good picture of him, but I am not giving up.
A few blooms I captured today- the Butterfly Iris which I never get tired of seeing (first photo).
 The Calandrinia is so pretty- I have been anticipating this bloom for weeks!!!  They are finally starting to open up.  It is such a pretty contrast against the green/silver of the plant.
 The Philadelphus Mock Orange is so pretty- it reminds me of the Dogwood blooms.
 The Mexican Bird of Paradise continues to open up- the Caesalpinia gilliesii; truly one of my favorites.
 The yellow yuccas, Hesperaloe parviflora 'Yellow', I think are just pretty- a subtle yet really unique color combination I think.  
 The Pomegranate 'Wonderful' is starting to bloom, I am excited about what is to follow- I love pomegranates!!!!  Can't wait till the fruit is on and ripens!
And last but not least today is the Mexican Olive Tree.  I finally got a shot of the bloom though I am not entirely happy with the shot but the wind started to kick up so inside I went.

2 comments:

  1. Forgive my English, but I have to have me some of that Calandrinia. It is stunning and would be perfect for my rock garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. It really is pretty. I love the subtle color of it and was so excited to see the bloom!!!!
    K

    ReplyDelete