Monday, July 7, 2014

I Just Can't Get Enough of the Hummingbirds!!!!


Agastache
 There are two things that I can say without a doubt that the hummingbirds go nuts for- the Agastache (or at least this variety) and the 'Amistad' Salvia.
Agastache
 I FINALLY got some photos of the little guy on the Agastache.  He at one point was buzzing right by my head- it was hilarious.
Agastache
 There were two fighting over this particular plant and it seems he took this plant and the other got the 'Amistad'.  I wonder how they decide.
Agastache with hummingbird
 This was not the clearest of photos but I liked it just the same.
Agastache
 These next three photos I love.  I could not pick the best one for me- I like each for different reasons, so you get to see all three.
Agastache
 If only the photos were scratch and sniff.  The fragrance of this Agastache is wonderful!!!
Agastache with hummingbird
Look at his little feet!  Love it.  Ended with this one. 
 Here is the gang on the 4th celebrating the only way they know how…by lounging….
Must be nice.  What a life!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. The humming birds are so sweet & entertaining this time of year! Your gang has the right idea about how to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Right? They are a mess!! I know- the hummingbirds are too fun- they could have cared less I was out there- just buzzing around me. So cute.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! They are so fun to watch. One hovered near me as I was watering this morning and seemed fascinated with the water. I love the scent of agastache but they don't grow well in my yard.

    The gang looks happy and Cooper looks so innocent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I love that sound - so neat!! Don't be fooled by the innocent look…...

      Delete
  3. What great shots of these little gems! love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such perfect shots of the hummers, and yes, wouldn't we all like to lounge around and not have to work in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that something! Your place is dripping with flowers and yet they fight over one plant. Silly little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like your picture of your lounging cat. What a life indeed! LOL Hummingbirds are so hard to photograph. I have yet to manage a good shot, so I think you did just fine. I wish more forms of Agastache were hardy here. Mine passes away every fall and I have to start over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much any time of day she is in that position. She has a rough life. Thanks! It was / is fun- I swear I look like a hummingbird stalker chasing after them haha but every once in a while it pays off.

      Delete
  7. Kacky girl you caught amazing photos of the hummers .. I wish we had more here .. I plant with them in mind as well, maybe just too cool and wet this season for them. I have a question for you .. the life span of my standard Blue Fortune hyssop is extraordinary ... going on 13 years ... and I actually took a chunk out of it for a friend about 5 years ago .. isn't that life span a little long for hyssop ? I mean I am happy to have it no doubt but wow ?
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! Easy subjects to watch as I stalk… haha. I posted this on your blog in case you don't see it here : On your hyssop- 13 years??? Lucky you! Certainly I think (and obviously with you) the CAN last that long but normally I think harsh winters or summers, animals, rot or something unfortunately will get to things but 13 years and going strong- yeah you!!! Signs of a great gardener!!! =0)

      Delete