Friday, September 20, 2019

Fall is Coming!

Fall is coming!  I promise, it is.  I don't know about other parts of the country but here in Texas, namely Austin, it is hot, hot and did I mention it is hot?  I for one am ready for fall and the cooler temps.  I thought I would share a few photos of things that have been blooming in the nursery lately - hope you enjoy!
Russian Sage
 The bees don't seem to mind the heat.  They are all over the place which is wonderful.  In this shot they are on the Russian Sage, which is a personal favorite of mine.  I love the colors.
Panicum Northwind
 Aaahhh, the Panicum 'Northwind'.  I know I am not supposed to have favorites, but.... this is one of my favorite grasses.
Passion Vine
 The Passion Vine are always a hit- the showy blooms are so intricate and delicate.  I have so many photos of these blooms- just can't get enough of them.
Hibiscus
 We do a few specialty Hibiscus, this is one of them.  The blooms are huge and the flowers bright- definite showstoppers.  
Portulaca
 This is my favorite Portulaca.  I mean look at it!  What's not to love???
Almond Verbena
This one is a hard one to photograph as it isn't the showiest of plants and blooms but the fragrance- if only there were a way to capture the fragrance.  The Almond Verbena- intoxicating.  
Celosia
 This is turning into a post of my favorite things I am noticing....  this is my all time favorite annual- such a bright pop of color and fun texture and bloom.  We have a few different Celosia, but I am partial to this one.
Neobuxbaumia blooms
 The Neobuxbaumia and their crown of blooms- what's not to love?!?
Echeveria
And I will end with some 'Topsy Turvy' Echeveria blooms and a photo of a hummingbird.  
hummingbird
Funny story about this little guy.... I was chasing him for what seemed like hours to get a good shot of him as he zipped around the nursery, and then he stopped and sat on this line right next to me and just hung out for about 5 minutes.  Just sitting there.  He was so close- it was so neat.  I could have reached out and touched him.   It was truly one of the most exciting things to experience.  
 I have been really bad about blogging lately and for that I apologize.  I promise to make an effort to be better and post more often.  I have been posting a lot on Instagram - it is just so easy to just take the photo and pop it up there it has me spoiled.  Anyway, hope you enjoy!   

1 comment:

  1. Your colors down south are so different from ours but very lovely. How lucky to get your bird shot! Persistence pays off.

    ReplyDelete