Sunday, August 10, 2014

Blooms, Cactus and Succulents Oh My!

Flame Acanthus
 Summer is definitely here and plants are blooming and showing off all over the place.  The Flame Acanthus, also referred to as the Hummingbird Bush, provides a vibrant show of red blooms that attract hummingbirds.  I don't have a photo of them on it, but they have been all over it. 
Peruvian Cereus fruit
 The Peruvian Cereus, Night Blooming Cactus, is bursting with blooms and loaded with fruit.  I ate some the other day for the first time- kind of kiwi like, at least to me.
Peruvian Cereus bloom

hibiscus bloom
 The Hibiscus are showing off with their saucer sized blooms.
Augusta Duelberg
 The little Augusta Duelberg's are blooming away- I love this photo- the bee is actually sticking his tongue out- didn't even know they had them!!!! 
Stapelia bloom
 This is a really neat bloom but is incredibly stinky.  It is a cactus looking succulent that has these really unique starfish like blooms.  
orange sedum
These little guys are showing a lot of color with the heat.  In the cooler months they are yellow and as it heats up turn UT orange.  Gotta love that!!  Hook em'!

3 comments:

  1. Hi. It’s Rose. Wow. Awesome blog. I can share with a lot of people if you like. This last orange succulent...the one showing a lot of color in the heat...where did you find these? I’m searching for orange succulents. Help! Where find? Where buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoooot. I just left you a message. I think it left a gmail account. I cannot access that one... my normal email is rosalynkay@comcast.net. Could you please send me a message there re the orange succulents? Thaaaank you soooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete