Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Fall at the Nursery

Monarch butterfly
 It is fall at the nursery and I for one couldn't be happier.  The weather has been amazing lately and the butterflies are everywhere which makes me ecstatic!!  
Dwarf Japanese Black Pine
 The Dwarf Japanese Black Pines look like huggable teddy bears to me- I just love these!!
Japanese Maple
 The Japanese Maples have been showing off and doing their fall color display.
Red Admiral Butterfly
The Red Admiral Butterflies seemed to enjoy the white Lantana...
Gulf Fritillary butterfly
and the Gulf Fritillary seemed to enjoy the white Leucantha.
Monarch Butterfly on Lantana
 Probably my most favorite sighting though has been the Monarchs- they are all over the place.  It is magical.  I counted 8 varieties of butterflies yesterday when out taking photos.  EIGHT!
Coral Bean
 The Coral Bean never disappoints- such a show stopping display of red blooms!!
Monarch Butterfly
Hard to say which plant was most popular.... Lantana, Salvia, Butterfly Bush, Milkweed.... just to name a few- they were all over the place.  
Swallowtail Butterfly
  I am not sure what was going on with this guy- someone told me he had freshly gotten out of his cocoon and so his wings hadn't dried out?  Never heard of that- anyone heard of that?
Swallowtail Butterfly
Plants are blooming, leaves are changing colors, succulents are turning their new shades with the cooler temps.  All of it has been wonderful!!  It's a wonderful time to be outside and enjoy nature.  The birds are chirping, bees are buzzing and the butterflies are fluttering about.
Hope you enjoyed the pics!!

4 comments:



  1. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. Poker
    This are such great articles. Poker This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    https://sakukrub98.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/08/15/132956?_ga=2.86938704.935494019.1597040624-1286484823.1596077192 I appreciate for reading my blogs.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks... wardrobes

    ReplyDelete