Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Blooms Birds and More!

There is so much going on right now at the nursery I barely have time to grab my camera and take any photos!  I have actually gotten a lot of decent photos on my phone though so thought I'd share.  Below is a combo of both things I captured on my phone and then on the camera as well. 
Hope you enjoy- it's been fun out here lately!!!  Love this time of year!
Cleistocactus Vivero Growers Nursery
I love the cactus blooms- all are so unique and different- these are the blooms on a Cleistocactus- love em!!!  Doesn't hurt that they are pink... big fan of pink over here....
Pams Pink Honeysuckle Vivero Growers Nursery
Speaking of pink.... Pam's Pink Honeysuckle is a favorite of mine.  I also love the Coral Honeysuckle but the pink, well, it's pink...
Plumbago Vivero Growers Nursery
Plumbago- what's not to love???
Hummingbird on Salvia Vivero Growers Nursery
Captured this guy in one of the greenhouses the other day.  I got a gazillion photos of him on different things zipping around me.  He could have cared less that I was there.
 Viceroy on Pyracantha Vivero Growers Nursery
Now, I thought this was a Monarch- it is not!  It closely resembles one but see that black line on the
 bottom wings, this is how you can tell!  It is a Viceroy butterfly!
Blue Glow Agave Vivero Growers Nursery
 The 'Blue Glow' Agave is one of my favorite- easy to see how it got it's name when the sun is shining on it.
Succulents Vivero Growers Nursery
My trough has filled out nicely!   I am pleased with it.  
 Got this guy when practicing with my new camera - got him in action!
Charity Mahonia Vivero Growers Nursery
The 'Charity' Mahonia is a love hate with me.... I love the way it looks. the berries are beautiful, the blooms are amazing and striking but don't get too close..... See those leaves?  Not fun to move or load up into carts.   Other than that, love this guy!!
I hope you have enjoyed the photos - I certainly enjoyed taking them.

2 comments:

  1. Your trough is an inspiration! I want to create one that's similar. I'm keeping an eye on the sun situation where I want to locate the trough. The image of the butterfly is gorgeous. Speaking of a love for pink, I'm looking for a pink Turk's Cap. Does your nursery have it in stock? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We do have the pink Turk's Cap- sorry for the late reply! Please always feel free to call the nursery to check availability for a quicker response or even Instagram or Facebook- admittedly I don't get on this blog often this time of the year but try to stay more current on Facebook and Instagram. Thanks!!

      Delete