Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Cooler Weather is Coming....Right???????


Lord Baltimore Hibiscus
 I lost count on the days that they say "cooler weather is coming" and it doesn't show... BUT it has been really nice out there.  The mornings are cooler and the afternoons not as hot.  Hey, I'll take it.  The days have been really beautiful.  
I snapped a few photos of this and that- hope you enjoy.  
Above is the 'Lord Baltimore' Hibiscus- such a big bloom- love the pop of red.
Almond Verbena
If only this could be scratch and sniff.... the Almond Verbena are so fragrant- love the scent.  I have one by the door to the office purely for selfish reasons so I can smell it all day long as I go in and out of the office.  
Echeveria
 I love how these look like little heads of lettuce.
Gomphrena
 Again with the red, I just love red in a garden.
Sticks of Fire
 The 'Sticks of Fire' have started showing color, see, the mornings ARE cooler.... if it'd just stay like that.....
Lantana
The butterflies are all over the place.  Above on the Lantana, they don't have a clear favorite right now bouncing around from bloom to bloom, me chasing them with my camera....
Once it DOES cool down,
 I will fill up posts with the succulents and echeveria doing their cooler weather color changes!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Such beautiful blooms! Your Almond Verbena is covered in flowers. The smell must be heavenly. I think mine is getting more shade than it would like. Happy Fall:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the fragrance. One of my favorites for sure. Happy fall!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, it does look summery down there. We're in the 50's with 6 inches of rain falling. The maples are starting to turn. Nice capture of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhhh the maples are starting to turn- it is so pretty there. I love your blog/photos. I almost feel like I have seen it in person. Thanks on the butterfly. They are everywhere. There are Monarchs flittering about but haven't gotten a good shot of them yet. They won't hold still!!! haha

      Delete
  3. Everything looks great, as always. I need to move my almond verbena - it’s in way too much shade and doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Yes if it's not doing anything try moving it. I love that plant. Wish it blomed all year.

      Delete
  4. It must be wonderful to have butterflies all over the place. Funnily enough our weather has been a bit on the nippy side and I am hoping for it to warm up! This weekend it was cold enough for a jacket. Lucky for me it is supposed to get a little warmer towards the end of the week. I have a long to-do list to pull off before the first frosts arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I can't even imagine needing a jacket right now!!! I love the cooler weather- glad you are enjoying it!!

      Delete