Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Happy GBBD!!!!!!

Happy GBBD to everyone!!!  Thanks to May Dreams Gardens for hosting!  There is so much going on and blooming right now- it is such a fun time of year and the weather these past few days!!!!  Oh my gosh- LOVE IT.  The Peruvian Cereus never cease to amaze and wow me - this particular day I guess cause it was cloudy this weekend, it stayed open a lot longer than normal which was fine by me!
 The Black Eyed Susan has such a pretty happy bloom.
 The American Beautyberries are turning color and attracting all the birds- so fun to watch them pick at the berries. 
 The Crinum bloom has always been a favorite.  So unique
 Another sure sign fall is here in Austin, the Stick of Fire are starting to turn.
 I like how it resembles a little heart on the top of this cactus.
 The Antigonon have long been a favorite but I do have a preference for the white, though the pink is really pretty….. white…pink…white…pink… how to decide?
 These little guys are all over the Milkweed as well as are their new temporary "homes".
 I captured this shot and basically right after he jumped and I thought it was on my head- took a minute to figure out he was on a different leaf of the Agave…. little spooky….
 The Fall Aster are rockin' and rollin'.
 The Mexican Flame Vine never disappoint.
 The Pineapple Guava are LOADED with fruit.  Love it!!!!
Hope you have enjoyed shots of what is going on lately.   Hope everyone is having a great fall.

13 comments:

  1. You are having a wonderful fall with flowers and critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I agree- there is so much lately- bees butterflies, birds, lizards…. so fun!

      Delete
  2. All those blooms are gorgeous! I am amazed at the Crinum and Mexican Flame Vine which don't bloom in the fall in my garden.

    Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Really? The Mexican Flame Vine are COVERED.

      Delete
  3. Happy GBBD! Your garden is lovely. I loved the abstraction of your cactus photo and good capture of the praying mantis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Peruvian Cereus, I just hope that my crinums grow up like yours! Have a great GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beauties. Don't you love those Beautyberries? I keep telling myself I'm going to get one of those but still haven't included it in the gardens here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do- I really do- The one along the back fence is about 5 feet tall and covered- the birds are all over it- tried to get a photo of a little bright yellow one but when I get close enough he always takes off!

      Delete
  6. Happy GBBD! I've never seen Beauty Berries but they earn their name. I enjoyed the cactus heart too. Your garden is delightfully lush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many interesting things in your post like the Stick of Fire. I have always wanted a Beautyberry. I love those purple berries and think they would be a wonderful addition to my fall garden.

    ReplyDelete