Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm So Excited!!!


hummingbird
The hummingbirds are here!  The hummingbirds are here!
This is the best shot I got today of them but they are here- working the Aloes and the 'Wendy's Wish' Salvia.  I have not gotten a clear shot of them there but I did manage to get this one of one perched on the Sycamore tree.  I am so excited!!!
aloe bloom
This would be one of the Aloe blooms they are hovering over yet do you see the hummingbird in the photo- I know… I couldn't get him.
But I am not giving up.
salvia bloom
 Here are a few other things that I think look pretty right now but all I seem to be focused on is, well, that the hummingbirds are here!!!!!!  The little Salvia is starting to bloom. 
Acanthus Mollis bloom
 The Acanthus Mollis are starting to bloom. 
Japanese Maple
And last but not least the Maples are vibrant! 
 That's all for now as see, I have a hummingbird to "catch"!



8 comments:

  1. They know a good garden when they see it. I'll bet they are already fighting for territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny about an hour after I took the photo another one appeared and they started marking their territory. They are so fun to watch.

      Delete
  2. Yay! The little birds are back:) I saw my first BC the other day. He could not get to the feeder because a Rufous chased him off. Let the hummingbird wars begin;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love em- (hummingbird wars). I am ready!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hummingbirds are a sure sign that spring is here! I'm curious about your acanthus molis. Is it a greenhouse specimen? Mine isn't close to blooming yet. That last hard freeze got it good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- I was so excited. The Acanthus was left out for the most part- that one last snap we took it in- it was a dozzie of a freeze for sure. So sad to see all the things that were pushing out new growth get zapped. Other than that it was outside. Yours should start soon though I bet.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to have hummingbirds already! Ours won't come back until summer and it's not even spring yet in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Our little ones should be here in a week or so. It may be later because of this cold spring. And your spring is emerging so beautifully..

    ReplyDelete