Sunday, February 3, 2013

One of These Things is Not Like the Other...

I received the above photo from my brother who lives outside Nashville, TN yesterday.  He said he wanted to share a photo with me of what he woke up to....
 and then I replied to him with this photo....  
He said he didn't know what was worse, the obvious display of sunshine or the oranges in the background of the photo...  
We love to tease each other about the weather.  He's not such a fan of the cold you see, so he makes for an easy target when I wake up to 78 degree days with highs in the low 80's in January/February.
THOUGH I will say, I love Tennessee and love to visit, but a Texas girl I am and will stay.  (and visit him in the spring, summer and fall).

7 comments:

  1. Too funny....battling photos! Sounds like something I would do with my brothers and sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We do it all the time- and send the screen shots of the weather page on our iphones. ha.

      Delete
  2. I can relate....My in-laws are always sending us photos of their dinners outside in Colorado in the summer. Cool and bug free is what they usually say. We send them pics of our garden full of flowers and tell them the temps are in the mid 70's in the winter. The snow is nice to look at, but I'm a TX girl and I don't think I could live somewhere where you can't garden in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh- Colorado in the summer. Wonderful. I have been once. It is amazing. I agree though, I couldn't live anywhere else either. =0)

      Delete
  3. Those oranges in the background jumped out at me, too. I am glad to be living where it is (usually) always hot. I know the summers are bad, but I would rather just go inside in the air conditioning for a few weeks than have to endure months of cold, ice and snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you- I can always go inside and get some ac. The snow is pretty in photos. =0)

      Delete
  4. The view out my window is not unlike that in your brother's photo. It is milder here today, but not exactly what you might call a heat wave. There are times when I wished I could go into the garden in February and see a budding flower with oranges in the background!

    ReplyDelete